[Gasification] Fwd: RE: Whole log pyrolysis for char production was Re: W...

GFWHELL at aol.com GFWHELL at aol.com
Fri Jan 3 00:05:51 CST 2014

Regarding the reflected heat from the refractory: If you were to travel on
the footplate of a steam locomotive at full regulator, you might observe  a
temperature of 2,500 f in the fire box. in which there is  generally  a
refractory (brick) arch above the grate which extends the  flame pattern and
generally helps the secondary air entering above the grate to  insure compete
combustion. I have observed these arches to glow bight  Yellow, the surface
of the brickwork actually  melting with the heat. I  am certain the
radiation has a  lot to do with complete combustion.  Would this form of radiation
help refine "smoke" (gas) breaking it down  into short chain Molecules?

GF

In a message dated 1/2/2014 3:35:33 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,