[Gasification] CHAB unit .. was Re: [Stoves] Natural draft TLUD turn-down

Elisabeth Staniewski estaniewski249 at gmail.com
Mon May 26 11:06:43 CDT 2014

Hello All,

I am preparing a research proposal with my colleague, on a feasibility to
generate butanol from biomass (straw, wood, Jerusalem artichoke), after
extracting sugars for xylitol.  Apparently hemicellulose contains a variety
of sugars such as pentoses (xylose and arabinose), hexoses (mannose,
glucose and galactose), plus sugar acids, with Xylose comprising about 30%
of the plant.  It seems that after extracting xylose still some sugars are
left which in theory would make butanol production possible.  We would very
much appreciate information with regards to butanol processes that are
successful and close to commercialization.  I am aware that the
gasificationdigest does not deal with alcohols, but you all are so
diverse in your
interests so I hope that some assistance would be given.

Best Regards,

Elisabeth Staniewski