[Gasification] The Atlas of Thermal Data (2009 – 2nd Edition) by Reed and Gaur is available

Thomas Reed tombreed2010 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 18:03:45 CDT 2014

Dear Paul, (Dr. TLUD) and all:

Thank you so much for posting the earlier publications of the Biomass Energy Foundation.  I spent a lot of time in this area a long time ago, and I'm glad you think the results should be preserved for posterity.

I am now 88 yrs young.  I have rather narrowed my interests from all biomass to Biochar.  Using Biochar to improve soils is the only action that fights the inexorable increase of fossil carbon fuels increasing our CO2 from 0.028 (preindustrial) to 0.04 % (today).  Eventually this will, if continued, result in global warming .  We'll all have to move to the North or South poles and they will be VERY crowded!

If all farmers could be taught how easy it is to convert waste biomass (corncobs, stalks etc.) to Biochar by non polluting, soil enhancing, Biochar, we could reverse this trend.

Otherwise Ill see you on the Antarctic Continent.

Tom Reed

Thomas B Reed
280 Hardwick Rd
Barre, Ma 01005