[Gasification] SPAM: Re: why the hang up with power generation?

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Thu Sep 25 10:51:21 CDT 2014

Research continues on very small Stirlings:

A biomass powered Ringbom-Stirling engine for developing countries:
a low-budget solution for distributed electricity generation.
S. Parmigiani, D. Zani, C. Invernizzi, A. Mazzù, V. Villa and A. Lezzi 2010
http://www.icrepq.com/icrepq%2710/432-Parmigiani.pdf

Namibia picked up the thread with a cost study in 2012:

Cost Effective, Low Capacity, Biomass Fired Power Plant, Rajaram Swaminathan
http://article.sapub.org/10.5923.j.ep.20130301.01.html
Energy and Power, 2013;  3(1): 1-6 doi:10.5923/j.ep.20130301.01

I'm sure there are more.

Tom