[Gasification] sustainability/Relevant to life on earth, but OT

Pete & Sheri spaco at baldwin-telecom.net
Fri Jan 30 14:20:43 CST 2015

I totally endorse your comments.

And I  assume your question is of a rhetorical nature, but here’s THE answer, in my opinion:

Politicians who need to get re-elected are afraid to come even close to commenting about  the size of the population.  It’s because the “other side” will immediately throw “motherhood and apple pie” at them, proclaiming them either abortionists, killers of children, anti-catholic,  genocide supporters or  proponents of mass Euthanasia of old people.

The idea of even suggesting that families even  CONSIDER having only two children will only get them in trouble.

As far as I am concerned, the ecologists are fighting a losing battle no matter WHAT they do, if they look at population estimates out into the future---- unless they consider what you have mentioned.

Hard to argue with the logic presented here:

http://blog.freegreentech.org/blog/2009/11/07/the-brutal-end-of-the-growth-paradigm/#more-571

Pete Stanaitis