[Gasification] Difference between biomass and coal gasification

Saiteja Chinta chinta.saiteja at gmail.com
Mon May 25 01:04:08 CDT 2015

Hi all,

Thanks for the response, but I am once again stating my question with some
specifications.

I am interested in coal gasification where coal used is with high ash
content and less reactive.

Capacity of gasifier is around 30 Tons of coal per day and technology is
updraft fixed bed.

If the reactor is operated at high temperature to crack any tar, ash would
come out in molten form (Not desired) as conditions will cross ash melting
point.

So in this sense, tar generated after gas cooling be recycled into gasifier?

Regards,

Saiteja