[Gasification] Characterization of waste water from biomass gasification equipment: A case-study from Cambodia

linvent at aol.com linvent at aol.com
Mon Jan 4 22:08:02 CST 2016

 Tom and listers,
	GC's are limited in their ability to detect broad ranging components. A GC set up for fixed gases usually can't detect compounds like ethanol, methanol, acetic acid which are all present in gasifier produced gases unless specifically removed and acetic or other organic acids will contribute to engine oil acidification and corrosion over time.
	There are system that can provide instantaneous broad ranged gas analysis going from hydrogen to whatever you want in MW.
	The other question is to gas heating value for combustible components to adjust the engine air/fuel ratio as it may change, such as change in moisture content in feedstock, ambient humidity, composition of feedstock or to increase the range of acceptable feedstock for improved economic performance. There is such a device which is surprisingly inexpensive and effective with any combustible component being analyzed instantaneously, which a GC cannot do.

Sincerely,
Leland T. "Tom" Taylor
Thermogenics Inc.