[Gasification] FW: Gasification internship opportunity in Philippines

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Wed May 2 09:33:35 CDT 2018

Harrie, Doug, and others,

I am working with Gary Gilmore on char-gasifiers for small IC engines,
including gensets up to 15 kWe that will output about 10 kWe when
operated with char gas.

Gary and I will be at the Argos Indiana gathering of "Drive on Wood"
that is on June 1, 2, 3. (One month from now.)

Our focus is NOT for providing chargas power to vehicles.  (leave that
for gasoline and diesel.)

Our prototype unit has (or is to have by then) the following
characteristics:

A.  Continous operation, not a batch operation.   Manual operation, that
can be automated.

B.  Complete all the way to the attachment to the intake of chargas into
the IC engine. (not for diesel engines unless someone  else has provided
spark ignition or is a diesel engine expert.)

C.  Low cost (but no pricing available at this time).   The genset is
far more expensive than char-gasifier.  Adding automation to the
char-gasifier would greatly increase the cost, and is not recommended
for low-income societies where labor is inexpensive.

D.  Sizes to suit different sizes of engines.

E.  Information about char production and about proper sizing /
screening of the char is also available.

****************
Yes, we are looking for SERIOUS collaborators who have skills and
resources.  Both in North America AND internatioally.    Contact
directly with us is fine (  psanders at ilstu.edu   ), but some discussion
can be via the Gasification Listserv.

Gary and I will also be at the USBI (US Biochar Initiative) conference
in Wilmington, Delaware on 20 - 23 August 2018.

Paul

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com