[Greenbuilding] Building w/in a building

Joe Killian kaa-ajk at sonic.net
Sat Jul 5 22:44:56 CDT 2014

Kurt,
   If you trust your metal siding to keep water out, I'd suggest
attaching the 2x6 wall to the girts and having no vapor barrier.
   If you only trust it to keep most water out, I'd suggest the drainage
plane between the 2X6 wall & girts, but still no vapor barrier.
   You want the wall to be able to dry from any condensation, and it
won't likely dry well through the metal siding.
   See
http://www.buildingscience.com/documents/digests/bsd-106-understanding-vapor-barriers

Joe