[Greenbuilding] ductless heat pumps

Leslie Moyer unschooler at lrec.org
Mon May 12 21:18:27 CDT 2014

My son-in-law is researching ductless heat pumps and is looking at these
4 systems.  Any feedback or suggestions?  His notes at the end.

*Mitsubishi 9,000 BTU 21 SEER Ductless Heat Pump System Condenser Model#
MSZGE09NA Air handler# MUZGE09NA*

*$1309*

**

*Friedrich M09YJ 9,000 BTU 21.5 SEER Ductless Heat Pump Air Conditioner*

*Condenser Model# MW09Y3J Air handler# MR09Y3J*

*$1112*

**

*Fujitsu 9,000 BTU 14.3 SEER Ductless Heat Pump System*

*Condenser Model#AQU9RL2 Air handler#ASU9RL2*

*$1086*

**

*LG LS090HXV 9,000 BTU 17 SEER Mega Series 115V Heat Pump System*

*Condenser Model # LSU090HXV Air handler# LSN090HXV*

*$869*

We plan on getting two of these to use in the 800 sq main area of the
house and purchasing additional units when we expand into the up and
downstairs addition.  We've talked about getting a multi-room system but
they seem to be a lot more expensive and have more power than we need
for the space we have to fill. I found these on goductless.com