[Greenbuilding] ductless heat pumps

Rob Dickinson robd at pobox.com
Tue May 13 00:19:48 CDT 2014

I have the next size up Mitsubishi unit, which is a 12k BTU unit, and am
very happy with it.  Just replace the "09" with "12" in the model numbers
and you will have my unit.

As your son-in-law probably learned, the smaller units have greater
efficiency ratings over the larger multi-head systems.  I like your idea of
having two smaller maximally-efficient units.  It's just not quite as cost
effective.

In my area, the vast majority of units sold are the Mitsubishi, so I went
with their product for ease of repair and service.  The Fujitsu are also
supposed to be great products, but just not as common where I am, which is
in central Oregon.

Good luck.  I'm guessing that you will be very happy with a ductless
system.   We sure are.

Rob