[Greenbuilding] ductless heat pumps

John Straube john at buildingsciencelabs.com
Tue May 13 07:22:00 CDT 2014

The Fujitsu should be the AOU9RLS2 outdoor unit for comparison to the Mitsu.  It is the 27 SEER (!) system.
I have the 12 kBtu 25SEER model at my place, and at several friends and colleagues’
Mitsu is good.  I chose Fujitsu because of it really good low temperature heating (it work well at 0F, great at 10F) and local availability.
In Oregon most products will work well in heating mode.
I have also installed several  3 head LG s in a building for AC and they all worked really well.

On May 12, 2014, at 10:18 PM, Leslie Moyer <unschooler at lrec.org> wrote:

> My son-in-law is researching ductless heat pumps and is looking at these 4 systems.  Any feedback or suggestions?  His notes at the end.
>

> Mitsubishi 9,000 BTU 21 SEER Ductless Heat Pump System Condenser Model# MSZGE09NA Air handler# MUZGE09NA
>
> $1309
>

> Friedrich M09YJ 9,000 BTU 21.5 SEER Ductless Heat Pump Air Conditioner
>
> Condenser Model# MW09Y3J Air handler# MR09Y3J
>
> $1112
>

> Fujitsu 9,000 BTU 14.3 SEER Ductless Heat Pump System
>
> Condenser Model#AQU9RL2 Air handler#ASU9RL2
>
> $1086

John Straube
www.JohnStraube.com