[Greenbuilding] Fat Americans (was Re: Staggering 1/2 tonne per person per year cement production!)

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 23:28:15 CDT 2015

Well since you asked...

we were trying to come up with some basic quantities as parameters to use
in a very early version of the Ecological Footprint calculator. Then (as
apparently now) the numbers out there for food consumption are pretty
shoddy. We did not have a composting toilet then, so weighing the poop was
a little beyond our abilities & inclinations.

There was no moral dimension to the experiment or to my posting the numbers
here today. Just a bit of quantification I thought might help us make sense
of the disparate figures being tossed out.