[Digestion] waste water ->was-> Re Digestate as fertilizer

Mike Barnett dreadlox at cwjamaica.com
Fri Nov 19 13:56:36 CST 2010

 Hi Bennett,

This can work, however as other members have warned, soaps and even chlorine
in wastewater treatment
Will and can kill off the ENTIRE system, and here I am speaking from
experience.

Gone to a fully organic treatment plant, and seen the whole place seemingly
torched" and when investigated, it came down to
A worker coming back from holiday turning on a clearly tagged out
chlorinator decimated the entire plant's plants and microbiology.

It took weeks to restore, and in the meantime, meant that the bypass and the
"plan B" had to be copiously used.

I guess the lesson I learnt is to always plan a backup plan as part of the
initial process eliminate a lot of headache.

Mike Barnett
JAMAICA