[Digestion] Compressing of biogas

Alexander Eaton alex at sistemabiobolsa.com
Tue Nov 23 13:25:42 CST 2010

Hi Brent,

I understand that it is effective to use lime water to filter CO2, but in
theory you are talking about a relatively large amount of lime water that
must be replaced constantly, causing the issues surrounding lime water
management.  Can you elaborate quantities and chemical balance of this
process?  If the goal is just to slightly reduce the CO2 content, then that
can been done in a few different ways.  How much CO2 are you removing from
the biogas, and under water lime water usage (eg, at water/lime
concentrations etc.).

I am afraid I am a bit lost regarding the shaft compression method you are
discussing here.  In what situation would one have a large shaft available?
How are you mixing the gas and liquid with no energy?  How are you then
separating them effectively?  Is this something that you are using
commonly?  I am having trouble understanding how this is all being fed into
a pipe, with no gas leaks, and then the gas is being forced downward,
somehow in sustained suspension in the liquid.  How is this "feeding" with
no energy?  What liquid are you using?  How do you have two power sources?
Are you somehow capturing the kinetic energy of the liquid in a turbine?
More information please!

Regarding the H2S, we use simple metal filters that use iron sponge, waste
metal, or cheap nails.  These have to be changed a few times per year, but
effectively manage H2S downstream of the reactor.  I am unsure of how you
would deal with that situation if there are metal components in your
reactor, like a floating drum.

Saludos,

Alexander Eaton
Sistema Biobolsa