[Digestion] camel dung

Jaime Marti Herrero tallerbiogas at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 28 05:19:08 CDT 2010

hi
in bolivia we have some kind of camels.... the 'llama' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Llama
Rene Alvarez from Public University of La Paz  (UMSA) has publish some paper about the ultimate production of biogas from llama dung on laboratory conditions:
http://swepub.kb.se/bib/swepub:oai:lup.lub.lu.se:421430?tab2=abs&language=en

it is a good substrate to obtain biogas. the problem is that have about 75-85% TS, so need to mixed with more water tham use to be with cow or pig manure. and in the places where one can get llama or camel dung use to be places with out much water.

We are doing now an experiment in real altiplano conditions (Cold Climate, 4000 meter over the sea level) to see the ultimate production of biogas from llama dung ... but not numbers yet, sorry.

keep in touch
jaime

-----
Jaime Martí Herrero

Technical advisor of biogas for the GTZ-Bolivia
CIMNE (www.cimne.com)
Building Energy and Environment Group
International research cooperation area
La Paz · Bolivia
Tel. (+591)-73 090 621

BIOGAS AND BOLIVIA
-Taller Biogas Bolivia
http://tallerbiogas.blogspot.com
-Video: Biodigester installation in bolivian Altiplano
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sl0XEN5Bgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs0JuV8WD_c
-Manual gratuito-Biodigestores familiares: Guía de diseño y manual de instalación
http://www.upc.edu/grecdh/pdf/2008_JMH_Guia_biodigestores.pdf