[Digestion] Biogas conversation rates

bingham bingham at zekes.com
Wed Jan 19 16:31:52 CST 2011

Ruben,
It seem you are working with a set of assumptions, many on the list share but I do not.  I offer as an example:
"more modest energy use" seems to be a way of saying manipulate the costs and AD would be feasible.
"living within our (energy) means" indicates many assumptions: rationing and or redistribution.
"extended fossil fuel binge" is a relative statement that is subjective and not supported by objective facts.
"untold cost to the planet's habitability & stability" global warming has been debunked as junk science produced
by a group of co conspirators paid to produce a set of data which would support an pre conceived agenda.
"AD......will compete more favorably as we enter the post Peak Oil period " It was on US TV today 1-19-11 and read
into the Federal Register that it has been determined that there has been found enough energy under the western United
States to last the US 30 years at its Peak Oil use.

It would perhaps be more productive to focus on areas in which we might agree and are less counterseal. I am not one of those
who feel humans have or could have any meaningful effect on the worlds temperature through energy consumption. I am steel
focused on the study that reviled we could not measure the effect on the world if the world went back to 1960 consumption levels.
We were told to remove all of our incandescent bulbs and replace them with CFL's (compact florescent) to save the world from global
worming. Now we find thy are a significant risk to the environment and if you break one it is a 3 hour process to clean it up, with major
health risks involved. Not to mention they do not last nearly as long as they first claimed.

AD has a places and is the best answer in many under or less developed areas. We do not need to manipulate the facts to reach that
conclusion. AD is a good solution for many animal and livestock operations regardless of location. AD is a good alternative in areas
where septic tanks  or open ditches are the only sewage disposal options. AD is a good fit in many industrial  applications no matter
what the cost of energy is, now or in the future.