[Digestion] Biogas conversation rates

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 19:19:40 CST 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 5:07 PM, bingham <bingham at zekes.com> wrote:

> ...It costs more in natural gas to distill than it is worth.

I thought fossil fuels were free.

When I use ????  or !!!! it is my way to express my skepticism and or
> incredulity, not volume or anger.

 In your lingo I would now be inclined to insert 13 question marks to
express my incredulity.

>  the primary reason for lower grain costs not subsidies. If you check the
> prices US farmers were paid over the last 3 decades, you will see those
> prices have not gone up, nearly as much.
>

> Your primes is based on out dated information and according to my sources
> your source was not credible when it was written. Perhaps you can find a
> government source to support there numbers in as much as the government is
> supposedly making the payments.

<<more incredulous question marks inserted>>

"And on January 5, the U.N. Food and Agricultural organization announced
that its food price index for December hit an all-time high.... But whereas
in years past, it's been weather that has caused a spike in commodities
prices, now it's trends on both sides of the food supply/demand equation
that are driving up prices. On the demand side, the culprits are population
growth, rising affluence, and the use of grain to fuel cars. On the supply
side: soil erosion, aquifer depletion, the loss of cropland to nonfarm uses,
the diversion of irrigation water to cities, the plateauing of crop yields
in agriculturally advanced countries, and—due to climate change
—crop-withering heat waves and melting mountain glaciers and ice sheets.
These climate-related trends seem destined to take a far greater toll in the
future."
(excerpts from the article copied above in full, and published in Foreign
Affairs, which you might want to glance at)