[Digestion] larger context/mass exodus

Steve Verhey verheys at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 20 17:05:53 CST 2011

Whenever I give talks about renewable energy, even to learned or wealthy groups, I risk insulting my audience with this on a powerpoint/keynote slide:

Critical Thinking
=Seeing both sides of an issue
=Being open to new evidence that disconfirms your ideas
=Reasoning dispassionately
=Demanding that claims be backed evidence
=Using facts for deducing and inferring conclusions
=Accepting appropriate levels of uncertainty

It all fits nicely in 32-point type, and no one has ever told me they were insulted. I seem to recall having to post this at least once before on this listserv.