[Digestion] Biogas meter

Alexander Eaton alex at sistemabiobolsa.com
Wed Jan 26 11:26:45 CST 2011

Freddy,

We have used a diaphragm meter made here (Elster, BK-G 1.6), and they seem
to available in other places as they were recently shown to work on a biogas
project (small scale) in Peru.  This systems has a combination of latex and
plastic components that are in contact with the gas to avoid corrosion.  We
were able to get good results below the rated pressure, but at one point I
was able to keep a flame lit, without the gas registering on the meter.
That was at about 5-10 mm of water column, very very low.  This systems
costs about $40 US.

Saludos,

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 1:07 AM, Alastair James Ward <
Alastair.Ward at agrsci.dk> wrote:

> Hi Freddy,
>
> I suppose you could measure temperature and pressure and correct your
> recorded figures?
>
> I have not used diaphragm meters, I have heard they do not last long but
> then I have seen some being used for months if not years with a silica gel
> column fitted upstream of the meter. They are pretty cheap too and sometimes
> available with digital outputs for online measurement.
>

> Med venlig hilsen / Regards
> Alastair James Ward

Alexander Eaton
Sistema Biobolsa