[Digestion] pathogens which might create a health hazard

'Mark Wells' mark at gaiacooperative.com
Thu Jul 14 01:55:35 CDT 2011

As far as I know, in the EU and especially Nordic countries where digestate
is used as a biofertilizer, regulations only require pasteurization of
abattoir waste?

In South Africa where we are operating, sludge management guidelines require
pasteurization of sewage sludge.

Pasteurization is generally considered not necessary if you use a
thermophilic high temperature AD process.

Regards

Mark

  _____