[Digestion] Environmentalists Anti-AD Issues

Paul Harris paul.harris at adelaide.edu.au
Thu Jun 16 00:36:06 CDT 2011

G'day Steven,

My direct reply would be that AD adds NOTHING (as in chemicals) to the
waste, so the arsenic is in the manure (or water!)! Thus AD may well be
beneficial in that it is likely to reduce the amount of arsenic (or any
other heavy metals/pollutants) reaching the waterways as it may bind them or
at least let them be applied to land!

Happy digesting,
HOOROO

Mr. Paul Harris, Room 202 Charles Hawker Building, Faculty of Sciences, The
University of Adelaide, Waite Campus, PMB 1, Glen Osmond SA 5064 Ph    : +61
8 8303 7880      Fax   : +61 8 8303 4386
mailto:paul.harris at adelaide.edu.au
http://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/paul.harris

CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains
information that may be confidential and/or copyright.  If you are not the
intended recipient please notify the sender by reply email and immediately
delete this email. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this email by anyone
other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. No
representation is made that this email or any attachments are free of
viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of the
recipient.