[Digestion] Solar Heated Batch Bladder Digester for Poultry

Paul Harris paul.harris at adelaide.edu.au
Mon May 23 01:34:13 CDT 2011

G'day All,

I don't think poultry manure has methanogens (Once I tried layer manure
collected from the floor and it did not start, but the same happened for
cattle manure with antibiotics - the dairy cattle manure did eventually
start up though). I have also been told that kangaroos don't have
methanogens in their gut.

I also recall a conversation about human digestive systems that indicated
that some of us have "better" methanogenic populations than others (but I
may be wrong here!) so a trial may be the best thing.

Happy digesting,
HOOROO

Mr. Paul Harris, Room 202 Charles Hawker Building, Faculty of Sciences, The
University of Adelaide, Waite Campus, PMB 1, Glen Osmond SA 5064 Ph    : +61
8 8303 7880      Fax   : +61 8 8303 4386
mailto:paul.harris at adelaide.edu.au
http://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/paul.harris

CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains
information that may be confidential and/or copyright.  If you are not the
intended recipient please notify the sender by reply email and immediately
delete this email. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this email by anyone
other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. No
representation is made that this email or any attachments are free of
viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of the
recipient.