[Gasification] Continuing

Pannirselvam P.V pannirbr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 14:32:20 CDT 2011

Dear TR

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 8:20 AM, Thomas Reed <tombreed2010 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Anand
>
> Of course, CO2.
>
> I live in Massachusetts, a heavily forested state.  There are lots of green
> leaves, but mostly up in the trees, so not available like Ag residues.
>
> In a few months they will fall.  Will these leaves work?
>
> ( I presume not, because the tree takes the nutrients underground before
> pushing off the husk.)

    As such the dried leaves  will not work  as the  biodegradability  is
very low .
Some  pretreatments such as composting  can make it  work,  the problem is
 all take too longer time in several week mainly due to  the cellulose is
crystaline structure , the lignin and hemicelllulose , making  the enzymatic
 bioprocess , very slow , thus you concluded  that it may not be practical

> Tom Reed
>
> Dr Thomas B Reed
> President, The Biomass Energy Foundation
> www.Woodgas.com
>
> On Jul 19, 2011, at 9:05 PM, Anand Karve <adkarve at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Dear Tom,
> > the right hand side of the equation should read CH4 +CO2. Secondly,
> > one can use green leaves as feedstock in a biogas plant.
> > They are always available in a tropical country like India, but may
> > not be available in winter in Ukraine. For use in winter, one grows
> > sugarbeet, which can be harvested in October and the harvested beet
> > can stay in the open throughout the winter. In Germany they use corn
> > as feedstock, but I feel that the advantage of sugarbeet lies in the
> > fact that its biomass contains less lignin than other crops.
> > Yours
> > A.D.Karve
> >
> > On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 4:51 AM, Thomas Reed <tombreed2010 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> Dear Phillip
> >>
> >> The power generation sounds interesting.
> >>
> >> What is the feed sock for the digester?  Carbohydrates?
> >>
> >> 2 CH2O ===> CH4 + H2O.
> >>
> >> A dr, carve in India has built a small  digestor that produces all the
> methane needed to cook the meals.
> >>
> >> I suppose a larger digester could supply the electric power too.
> >>
> >> Keep talking...
> >>
> >> Tom Reed
> >>
> >> Dr Thomas B Reed
> >> President, The Biomass Energy Foundation
> >> www.Woodgas.com

> black sea.

> woman
> chelons
> snapper

> http://www.amazon.com/Transportation-Biofuels-Production-Biodiesel-Chemistry/dp/1849730431

> found
> the

> solar
> for
> slots

> catalyst

> p.

> assured,

> overhead

> biomass?

> >> for more Gasifiers,  News and Information see our web site:
> >> http://gasifiers.bioenergylists.org/
> >>

> > --
> > ***
> > Dr. A.D. Karve
> > President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)
> >
> > *Please change my email address in your records to: adkarve at gmail.com *

> > for more Gasifiers,  News and Information see our web site:
> > http://gasifiers.bioenergylists.org/

P.V.PANNIRSELVAM
ASSOCIATE . PROF.
Research Group ,GPEC, Coordinator
Computer aided  Cost engineering

DEQ – Departamento de Engenharia Química
CT – Centro de Tecnologia / UFRN, Lagoa Nova – Natal/RN
Campus Universitário. CEP: 59.072-970
North East,Brazil
https://sites.google.com/a/biomassa.eq.ufrn.br/sites/
 and