[Gasification] Tar Processing

Pannirselvam P.V pannirbr at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 05:16:30 CDT 2011

 Dear   Ant and all list members

    From rapid  pyrolysis oil from sugqr cane bagasse , syntheticoil called
 bioflex oil  was made in lab scale in Brazil from the aqueous part with
ethanol, they would form esters using  catalyst known of organic Fisher
synthesis with significant yield  and the quality of  very good quality
 gasoline ; This oil  can be also used  as fuel in diesel engine .The yield
 is significant  around  25 porcent of Bio oil; This not  obtained from Tar
distillqtion , but  this organic green chemical  can be also applied to the
tar distilled products obtained by tar processing

Pannirselvam P;V
Brazil

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 5:48 PM, Arnt Karlsen <arnt at c2i.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 17 May 2011 07:35:32 -0400, Thomas wrote in message
> <5B63E130-CC20-44AE-9516-A2610117681E at gmail.com>:
>
> > Dear ADK and all
> >
> > AD KARVE has an interesting idea here.  I doubt if he or I have the
> > equipment to follow it up, but hope some others here may do so.
> >
> > When you tear the lignin and celluloses in wood apart during
> > pyrolysis, you briefly have a lot of VERY reactive species (free
> > radicals) desperately looking for partners.
>
> ..that makes a lot of sense, and helps explain
> my tar vapor flare performance. :o)
>
> > If they were supplied with a surplus of attractive partners, they
> > would make many attractive combinations, some commercial today, and
> > probably many others that would be attractive if available.
> >
> > If the diluent partner was methanol or ethanol, they would form
> > esters (perfumes) ethers, and many other interesting compounds that
> > I'm not enough organic chemist to list.
> >
> > I hope someone will give it a try...
>
> ..bubbling those tar vapors thru soap water and waste oil, creates an
> amazingly stable emulsion with a 2 year shelf life IME, we made half
> a dozen barrels that I understand the City of Stavanger took good care
> of then they tore down the building around our experimental backyard.
>
> ..mixed a wee bit of my goo with saw dust, sand and dirt to clean up a
> wee driveway oil slick spill, the problem was it also ate the asphalt.
>

> > Tom Reed
> >
> > Dr Thomas B Reed
> > President, The Biomass Energy Foundation
> > www.Woodgas.com
>

> --
> ..med vennlig hilsen = with Kind Regards from Arnt Karlsen
> ...with a number of polar bear hunters in his ancestry...
>  Scenarios always come in sets of three:
>  best case, worst case, and just in case.

P.V.PANNIRSELVAM
ASSOCIATE . PROF.
Research Group ,GPEC, Coordinator
Computer aided  Cost engineering

DEQ – Departamento de Engenharia Química
CT – Centro de Tecnologia / UFRN, Lagoa Nova – Natal/RN
Campus Universitário. CEP: 59.072-970
North East,Brazil
https://sites.google.com/a/biomassa.eq.ufrn.br/sites/
 and