[Greenbuilding] Stale Air

Stephen Collette stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca
Sat Dec 11 15:20:22 CST 2010

Howdy folks

So I was thinking to myself about building science things and such and I was wondering if there is such a thing as a definition of "stale air". We use the idea a lot with respect to HRV's and ERV's and comfort, but I was wondering if there is such a thing as an actual definition. I haven't dipped into the ASHRAE fundamentals books yet, which I have, but thought I would pose the question to all for some general head scratching and BSing.

Thanks.

Stephen

Stephen Collette BBEC, LEED AP, BSSO
Your Healthy House - Indoor Environmental Testing & Building Consulting
http://www.yourhealthyhouse.ca
stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca
705.652.5159