[Greenbuilding] Reducing mold

Sacie Lambertson sacie.lambertson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 22:24:06 CST 2010

YES, that is EXACTLY what I thought, something smooth, like tile.  My guess
too but I bet it might be the solution.  That stucco in its millions of
nooks and crannies can harbor yucky warm mold producing nasties.

What a memory you have Rob!  Yep, cold cold in the winter, but under heaps
of down, so warm warm nonetheless.  But showering in that set up---come on,
don't be ridiculous!

OTOH, hydrogen peroxide is a ready solution for now.  I'll try that.  Thanks
Mike.

(We use a dehumidifier in our basement storage area.  Doubles our electrical
bill; not good)

I'll check out tadelak too, a new term to me.

As for simply wiping, well I spent a lot of today trying to 'clean' some new
wood on a new project of the black mildew/mold/fungus that is spreading.
Wiping didn't do it, 120 grit sanding didn't do it, clorox didn't, nor did
vinegar.  Tomorrow I'll try something else.  Want to get it clean again then
will tackle the job with a urethane to keep the black stuff from
reappearing.

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions.  What a great gang out there.

Cheers,  Sacie