[Greenbuilding] ventilating a tiny shop space

Brian Milani bmilani at web.ca
Sun Oct 24 21:20:27 CDT 2010

Thanks Thomas,

 From the sound of it, it seems like you're suggesting that neither
fresh air from outside nor exhausting shop air is necessary---that a
good air cleaner will do the job.  That's fine with me, since it would
save energy and obviate the need for makeup air.  For that, I would be
more than willing to tolerate a bit more noise--but it just seems almost
too good to be true.  I suppose I could go with the air-cleaner and add
other ventilation later if I need to.  In any case, the concern with the
fine dust is more than valid,  and I don't think an exhaust fan would
completely deal with that.

Thanks also to Clarke for the shop vac exhaust suggestion.  It's an
option I hadn't considered.

                            Brian M.

Brian Milani
www.GreenEconomics.net