[Greenbuilding] FINISHES for MDF vs Particleboard vs Whatever

Alan Abrams alan at abramsdesignbuild.com
Mon Oct 25 10:22:52 CDT 2010

In the past I used Varathane water based varnish (the label features a girl
on roller skates on a wood floor), maybe five thin coats--very durable.
Also, Watco Danish staining oil--but made the fatal mistake of not sealing
the pine before staining--Watco sets up instantaneously, so by the time you
swirl the rage around one time, the second swirl does not blend in with the
first.
lately, our guys have been using tung oil (non polymerized).  The walnut
counter I mentioned is finished with maybe four coats of oil.  More
recently, Marcus Sims of Treincarnation has been working with a poly-oil
mix, but dunnobout the specifics.

aa

*Alan Abrams**
Abrams Design Build LLC*
*A sustainable approach to beautiful space*
alan at abramsdesignbuild.com
www.abramsdesignbuild.com
*202-726-5894 o
202-437-8583 c