[Greenbuilding] 2000 miles on a scooter to get to the green building conference

JOHN SALMEN terrain at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 30 12:44:38 CDT 2011

Canada has a 15 yr import law that allows imports with a requirement for
some minor modifications to meet NA standards (headlights, tires, etc.). The
US law is 25 years which makes it impractical for most vehicles but
collectibles.

The law is of course intended to serve domestic industry. It is unfortunate
as Japan has produced some phenomenally well designed vehicles (especially
work vehicles) that put our standard working vehicles to shame.   People
here still routinely purchase huge trucks and show up at job sites with
nothing in the back.