[Greenbuilding] epdm vs. tar geen roof

David Bergman bergman at cyberg.com
Mon Aug 29 15:22:44 CDT 2011

Just a side note: aren't torch down roofs illegal in NYC?

David

At 03:53 PM 8/29/2011, Gennaro Brooks-Church - Eco Brooklyn wrote:
>It is strange you all are saying that torch down rolls are the way to
>go. I was always under the impression that EPDM lasted a lot longer. I
>just called Allied Roofing and they confirmed that the manufacturers
>warranty for roll down is about 20 years and EPDM is about 30 years.
>
>Gennaro Brooks-Church
>
>Cell: 1 347 244 3016 USA
>www.EcoBrooklyn.com
>22 2nd St; Brooklyn, NY 11231
>

>On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 1:46 PM, John Straube <jfstraube at gmail.com> wrote:
> > My experience with pricing is different John.
> > Orifice choke valves on roof drains do a good job and are a
> couple hundred bucks per drain.
> > The premium for a green roof is at least $10 per square foot plus
> any additional structure cost. That often shows up as a lot of money.
> > Storm water management of parking lots is a different beast.
> >
> > Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.

David Bergman  RA   LEED AP
DAVID BERGMAN ARCHITECT / FIRE & WATER LIGHTING + FURNITURE
architecture . interiors . ecodesign . lighting . furniture
bergman at cyberg.com    www.cyberg.com
241 Eldridge Street #3R, New York, NY 10002
t 212 475 3106    f 212 677 7291