[Greenbuilding] Natural ventilation.

Alan Abrams alan at abramsdesignbuild.com
Tue Aug 30 13:38:59 CDT 2011

> I suspect that fellow MooseHugger Frank, like I, cringed and uttered
> "Gggggnnnaaaah!" at warm-clime AA-man's suggestion to install a skylight.

Oh! The horror!
...in a well insulated house, where there ought to be little stratification
in winter time, why would a skylight be any less energy efficient than a
window of the same size and glazing quality?  Further, if it were
strategically located and obtained some winter daytime gain, and or if the
homeowner from Tar Sand Nation installed a two inch block of styrofoam in
the opening from November to March, it might be a net asset, not to mention
to provide the summer stack effect bonus.

AA