[Greenbuilding] firewood moisture content - a question for Norbert perhaps

RT archilogic at yahoo.ca
Mon Dec 12 11:53:14 CST 2011

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 12:39:56 -0500, Stronzo di Nord  wrote:

> The following table in a timber eng text (and attributed to source
> Canadian Wood Council) listing typical equilibrium moisture contents
> (EMC) in Canada, for the We(s)t Coast might be a good guide for
> wood-burners
>
> 		Average		Winter		Summer
> 		EMC			EMC			EMC
> Indoors			10-11			8			12
> Outdoors	15-16			18			13

Just in case it wasn't absolutely clear, the above EMC values were for the
West Coast of Canada.

The EMC values for the Canadian Prairies, Central Canada and the East
Coast will be different and unique to those locales.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom

< A r c h i L o g i c  at  Y a h o o  dot  c a  >
(manually winnow the chaff from my edress if you hit "reply")