[Greenbuilding] firewood moisture content - a question for Norbert perhaps

Sacie Lambertson sacie.lambertson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 20:38:52 CST 2011

RT said:

> I would be more concerned about potential creosote formation/accumulation
> from burning wood at 25% MC than I would be about the reduction in heat
> output.

Me too.  Reuben once mentioned he lights his fires several times a day
only; from this I infer he lets it go out, then later, as the house cools,
fires up the stove again.  Is this correct, Reuben?  If so, how do you
prevent creosote buildup in your chimney?  Or maybe you simply clean it
several times a year?

What are the HDD where you live?  I've forgotten, sorry.

Thanks,  Sacie