[Greenbuilding] Natura Paint - Any thoughts

JOHN SALMEN terrain at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 1 00:49:20 CST 2011

Actually borax works in the solution but it gets a bit complex – it is
usually an ingredient in a ‘pure laundry detergent’. The detergent is added
as a generic surfactant which helps the ingredients mix and keeps them in
suspension. Typically anything that is classified as a pure laundry
detergent will work. The thing with paint is that it is like bread – you can
buy it from the store or you can make it.

The problem we have had is that once you make  your own paint and have that
on your walls it is hard to simply go to the store and buy paint. I am only
saying that as we are having to repaint some rooms and I am loathing the
work involved in making and brushing on the paint and I kind of wish I could
simply accept the looks, smell and toxicity of regular paint.

JOHN SALMEN ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN

4465 UPHILL RD,. DUNCAN, B.C.  CANADA, V9L 6M7

PH 250 748 7672 FAX 250 748 7612 CELL 250 246 8541

terrain at shaw.ca

  _____