[Greenbuilding] quick tools for calculating rainwater run-off?

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 09:51:29 CST 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 7:22 AM, Sacie Lambertson <
sacie.lambertson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Curious why once one is harvesting rainwater, their water use would
> change?

I can't speak for Nick, but suspect that as with living off the electric
grid, heating with wood, or switching to any of a number of other
provisioning systems where you are responsible for providing for your own
needs/storing your own fuel or water, rather than paying a utility to supply
the fuel/water/heat for you, you find yourself paying more attention to the
details. You might be more likely to notice that you could really get by
using less water/energy/etc. for this or that task than you had reason to
notice before. I'm extrapolating largely from my own experience, but believe
this has been found to be more generally true too.