[Greenbuilding] Greenwash?

David Bergman bergman at cyberg.com
Mon Feb 21 15:38:46 CST 2011

Am I missing something here, or are they claiming
this material to be eco based on "up to 7% by
weight... rapidly renewable or pre-consumer waste" content

"Johnsonite®’s ECO-NATURALS Eco-Shell and
Eco-Shell with Cork rubber tiles and treads use
significant levels (up to 7% by weight) of
rapidly renewable and pre-consumer waste stream materials. "

I'd hoped it was a typo, but then found this on the mfr's site:
http://johnsonite.ecoscorecard.com/catalogs/search?PRODUCT_CATEGORY_A1046=&PRODUCT_TYPE_A1046=&name=&search_text=eco+naturals&base_search=&commit=Search

David Bergman  RA   LEED AP
DAVID BERGMAN ARCHITECT / FIRE & WATER LIGHTING + FURNITURE
architecture . interiors . ecodesign . lighting . furniture
bergman at cyberg.com    www.cyberg.com
241 Eldridge Street #3R, New York, NY 10002
t 212 475 3106    f 212 677 7291