[Greenbuilding] Natura Paint - Any thoughts

David Bergman bergman at cyberg.com
Sun Jan 30 13:38:32 CST 2011

Others may chime in with more precise info, but...

Aura is a Benjamin Moore line that came out a few years ago. It is
low- (not no-) VOC. It's big claim is that it requires fewer coats so
(A) the higher price may be made up in labor as well as paint savings
and (B) the fewer # of coats also means less total VOCs.

Natura is a newer B-M line that is "real" no-VOC. I believe it was
one of the first lines that also eliminated VOC's from the pigments
as well as the base. Other lines lose their low-VOC aspect when mixed
to deep colors that require a lot of pigment.

I painted parts of my place (as in applied the paint myself) with
Natura recently and it seemed just fine.

David Bergman  RA   LEED AP
DAVID BERGMAN ARCHITECT / FIRE & WATER LIGHTING + FURNITURE
architecture . interiors . ecodesign . lighting . furniture
bergman at cyberg.com    www.cyberg.com
241 Eldridge Street #3R, New York, NY 10002
t 212 475 3106    f 212 677 7291