[Greenbuilding] Natura paint

Rob Dickinson robd at pobox.com
Sun Jan 30 23:28:27 CST 2011

I'm completely new to clay paints, so am curious to learn more.

Would you apply them to drywall just like a standard paint?

Is it the texture that is the primary difference and that which makes them
more attractive?

I see that Green Building Supply sells a clay paint called BioShield.  If
one were to want to try out clay paint for the first time, what brand would
you recommend?

thanks,

Rob

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 8:30 PM, JOHN SALMEN <terrain at shaw.ca> wrote:

>  The HH paint is listed as a non-voc. It is a bit of a moot point as
> overall toxicity is another question. I definitely agree with the use of
> clay and mineral paints. Once you have used them a wall painted in a regular
> paint product seems a disappointment to have to look at.
>

> *JOHN SALMEN ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN*
>
> *4465 UPHILL RD**,. DUNCAN, B.C.  CANADA, V9L 6M7*
>
> *PH 250 748 7672 FAX 250 748 7612 CELL 250 246 8541*
>
> *terrain at shaw.ca***

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all
the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends
I want to see." — John Burroughs (1837-1921) American naturalist, writer