[Greenbuilding] energy and power terms

Alan Abrams alan at abramsdesignbuild.com
Mon Nov 21 09:04:08 CST 2011

methinks that what is problematical is semantical.  if it is gallons of
milk that are important to a mother, and gallons of milk per hour that are
important to a milkmaid, and if these terms are logical and intuitive--then
watts should logically be the term for the volume of electricity consumed,
and watts per hours should be the term for the rate.

but it's not.  hence the confusion.