[Greenbuilding] Microwaved water

David Bergman bergman at cyberg.com
Mon Sep 26 19:38:12 CDT 2011

I've been working with a many-years-old (at least 10, probably more)
version of Dreamweaver (way before it became part of Adobe) and it
seems to do most of what I need. But I've never stepped up to using
CSS and am probably using a lot of outdated tools and code, etc.
Would switching to open source be a good route for me? Can I convert
my existing sites easily? And keep my own URL's?

David

At 02:30 PM 9/26/2011, Gennaro Brooks-Church - Eco Brooklyn wrote:
>Does anyone know if this Buddha person is a credible source?
>
>Gennaro Brooks-Church
>
>Cell: 1 347 244 3016 USA
><http://www.EcoBrooklyn.com>www.EcoBrooklyn.com
>22 2nd St; Brooklyn, NY 11231
>

>On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 1:39 PM, Michael O'Brien
><<mailto:obrien at hevanet.com>obrien at hevanet.com> wrote:
>Hi, Steve--
>
>There is a teaching of Buddha that seems relevant--
>
>Do Not Believe in Anything
>
>Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
>
>Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.
>
>Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in
>your religious books.
>
>Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers
>and elders.
>
>Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for
>many generations.
>
>But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything
>agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one
>and all, then accept it and live up to it.
>I'd say you have the first part of the lesson, and encourage you to
>consider that last part.
>
>Best,
>
>Mike O'Brien
>

>On Sep 26, 2011, at 9:50 AM, natural building wrote:
>
>>I love it when people (usually with lots of letters after their
>>names) come out with categoric statements like: 'This is NOT true'!
>>
>>If all those people had been 'right' the world would still be flat
>>and we'd be feeding Thalidomide to pregnant mothers!
>>
>>History is saturated with accounts of supposedly intelligent people
>>making claims that are later proved to be wrong. We continue to
>>learn. And if there's one thing that History teaches us (if we
>>aren't too clever to learn) it's that what we THINK is an absolute
>>truth, probably isn't.
>>
>>Hey, CERN has just discovered that neutrinos might travel faster
>>than the speed of light.
>>Damn, another 'absolute' belief going out the window... ! Sorry
>>Albert. Nice try.
>>
>>In healthy 'disbelief'
>>
>>Steve Satow
>>
>><http://www.naturalbuildingsite.net/>www.naturalbuildingsite.net
>><mailto:naturalbuilding at shaw.ca>naturalbuilding at shaw.ca
>>
>>On 2011-09-26, at 8:49 AM, Joe Killian wrote:
>>
>>>   Having spent 21 total years in school culminating in a PhD
>>> program in Atmospheric Physics, let me say that the poisoned
>>> water from a microwave story is pure paranoid fancy and you
>>> should be careful what you choose to believe.
>>>   Joe

David Bergman  RA   LEED AP
DAVID BERGMAN ARCHITECT / FIRE & WATER LIGHTING + FURNITURE
architecture . interiors . ecodesign . lighting . furniture
bergman at cyberg.com    www.cyberg.com
241 Eldridge Street #3R, New York, NY 10002
t 212 475 3106    f 212 677 7291