[Greenbuilding] Web Design

David Bergman bergman at cyberg.com
Mon Sep 26 19:40:02 CDT 2011

Whoops. Clicked reply on the wrong email. Here it
is again, this time with the right subject line.

I've been working with a many-years-old (at least
10, probably more) version of Dreamweaver (way
before it became part of Adobe) and it seems to
do most of what I need. But I've never stepped up
to using CSS and am probably using a lot of
outdated tools and code, etc. Would switching to
open source be a good route for me? Can I convert
my existing sites easily? And keep my own URL's?

David

At 02:51 PM 9/26/2011, you wrote:
>I'd agree with Gennaro, use an Open Source
>Content Management System (CMS). I like Joomla
>for sites that change frequently and have lots
>of editors. Wordpress is probably easier/better
>if you're the only one making changes.
>
>Also look at Google sites, very easy to use: https://sites.google.com/
>
>~sanjay

David Bergman  RA   LEED AP
DAVID BERGMAN ARCHITECT / FIRE & WATER LIGHTING + FURNITURE
architecture . interiors . ecodesign . lighting . furniture
bergman at cyberg.com    www.cyberg.com
241 Eldridge Street #3R, New York, NY 10002
t 212 475 3106    f 212 677 7291