[Greenbuilding] Give Me Your Old, Your Tired, Your Stinky and Energy Inefficient....

Paul Eldridge paul.eldridge at ns.sympatico.ca
Fri Aug 10 11:16:53 CDT 2012

 From our local CBC newscast:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2012/08/10/ns-worst-fridge.html

On a somewhat related note, I just received our most recent power bill
and I'm pleased to report that our total electrical usage has fallen
below 9,000 kWh per year on an annualized basis, and that our daily
consumption is still trending downward (a 44-year old, 2,500 sq. ft.
all-electric home with no supplemental heat sources and very little in
the way of passive solar gain, in a cold Canadian climate).  That works
out to be 38.7 kWh/m2 for all purposes, including my home office.

See: http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo69/HereinHalifax/NSPStatement.jpg

Oh yeah, this is our refrigerator:
http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo69/HereinHalifax/Refrigerator-24hPowerUsage.jpg

Cheers,