[Greenbuilding] Give Me Your Old, Your Tired, Your Stinky and Energy Inefficient....

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 11:46:00 CDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 9:16 AM, Paul Eldridge <
paul.eldridge at ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> From our local CBC newscast:
> http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2012/08/10/ns-worst-fridge.htm<http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2012/08/10/ns-worst-fridge.html>

It is curious the extent to which the Nova Scotians are copying* the
mystification of old, unappealing, and inefficient we have perfected here
in the US. The stinky, moldy fridges and freezers are presumably stinky
because they were not in use, or were malfunctioning or both. Those are not
usefully collected with public or ratepayer dollars. The ones of concern
should be the functioning but inefficient ones, the ones that would have
been kept in use. Ugliest and inefficient are no better equivalents than
oldest and inefficient. When will our energy authorities get a clue?

*of course the companies doing the collecting are the same :-) ARCA's logo
made it into the little video clip.

Oh yeah, this is our refrigerator: