[Greenbuilding] Old Nuclear Power Plants? RE: Give Me Your Old, Your Tired, Your Stinky and Energy Inefficient....

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 08:24:03 CDT 2012

On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 6:16 AM, Carmine Vasile <gfx-ch at msn.com> wrote:

> ...lots of carbon-free energy will be available for at least 4 decades and
> tankless electric water heaters will continue to be the cleanest, most
> efficient way to heat water in on grids serve by these nukes.

I don't know if you are being facetious here, Carmine, but since you
addressed this message to the three of us, I'll just say that I despise all
things nuclear even more than I mistrust energy efficiency. Figuring out
how not to need most of the electricity we now consume (to me) is a heck of
a lot easier than figuring out how to live with the consequences of nuclear
power for hundreds or thousands of generations.