[Greenbuilding] ok - why do houses have to have stay the same temp inside?

Kathy Cochran kathys_old_house at goldrush.com
Sat Aug 18 16:27:42 CDT 2012

Another answer.  So they don't get too cold (uncomfortable) in the winter,
and don't get too hot (uncomfortable) in summer.

Is that too simple?

Also, keeping a house in northern climates at a reasonable temp (min 55
degrees, if you are not going to be there for a few days) will do a lot to
avoid pipes freezing in very cold weather, from what I understand.

Kathy Cochran

San Andreas, California

(100 degrees right now outside, and 85 inside (I confess, I just turned on
the AC). Which condition would you rather work in? )