[Greenbuilding] Commercial Water Heaters

Jessica pipeworks100 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 12:36:58 CDT 2012

That is often case. It may not be a possibility to cascade them without
significantly altering the piping and it wouldn't result in overall energy
savings anyhow. As you mentioned, timers and dealing with standby loss are
tangible solutions.

Jessica

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Paul Eldridge <
paul.eldridge at ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Hi Jessica,
>
> I'm afraid our client won't permit any significant alterations to their
> DHW delivery system. It was a major struggle just to get them to agree to
> de-rating these tanks, and they're still far from sold on the idea.  The
> fact that we're willing to do this work at no charge and that we promised
> to quickly restore things to as they were if they're unhappy with the
> results gave us our one and only shot.  Personally, I would put these tanks
> under a load controller so that they never cycle on at peak, but short of
> holding a gun to our client's head, this is the best that we can do.
>
> Cheers,
> Paul
>

> >Volume storage could allow you to cascade around peak demand times, reduce
> >standby losses and make monitoring easy.

Jessica Baldwin
917-207-2403
Solar Plumbing Design <http://www.solarplumbingdesign.com>