[Greenbuilding] ENERGY STAR Clothes Dryers Program Launch

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 15:02:44 CDT 2012

As I said earlier, personalizing this doesn't seem at all helpful. We can
all play the* I'm greener than you* game but that doesn't seem productive.
I jumped into this topic with both feet, not because I think those with
clothes dryers are bad or not green, but because we have here a proposal to
*endorse** *an appliance category as green/responsible as soon as an energy
efficient version becomes available (however defined). I think this is an
unwise policy move, and stand by that given the larger context in which
drying clothes with fossil fuels is situated, and the amount of fossil
fuels we think we can still afford to burn in the future.