[Greenbuilding] ENERGY STAR Clothes Dryers Program Launch

Matt Dirksen dirksengreen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 13:41:31 CDT 2012

Speaking of ticks and laundry, I thought I'd share this:

http://naldc.nal.usda.gov/download/3458/PDF

I have heard that certain insects are attracted to certain colors & such. Would not know if ticks are any different.

Evidence or not, I speak from personal experience about picking (dog, deer, and lone star) ticks off of line laundry which never touched the ground whatsoever. My guess is it has something to do with the overhead trees even though I know that ticks aren't know for their climbing ability. I do think it may have to do with the abundance of wildlife which are capable of carrying them along for a ride.

Perhaps Its time we ask them?

And I am once again reminded of the original topic: about wether it's a "good thing" for the greenbuilding community to support energy star dryers or not.

Matt

Matt Dirksen
Case Design/Remodeling, Inc.