[Greenbuilding] heretical observation

Corwyn corwyn at midcoast.com
Tue Jun 5 14:40:02 CDT 2012

On 6/5/2012 12:58 PM, Gennaro wrote:
> Technically that is a quadruple bam. Exercise, lower fridge bill, lower
> heating bill from lower thermostat setting AND heating from your body.

This only works if you can find food which is cheaper per BTU than
whatever you are heating with.  For Americans in aggregate, this isn't
even remotely likely.  As I am sure is known to all here, it takes about
10 BTUs of fossil fuel to make 1 BTU of food in the American
agro-business system.   Do the 'Bam' math for yourself.

Thank You Kindly,

Corwyn

--
Topher Belknap